The National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) plays a pivotal role in empowering micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in India through its comprehensive certification system. The NSIC certificate, a mandatory requirement for entities falling under its purview, offers a multitude of benefits. It enables MSMEs to participate in government procurement processes, elevating their market presence significantly.
Established by the government, NSIC acts as a facilitator and mediator, nurturing the growth of MSMEs across India. The certification provides unified support services encompassing technology, support services, finance, and marketing.
Under the Single Point Registration Scheme, micro and small enterprises can apply online or at NSIC offices, utilizing their MSME or Udyog Aadhaar registration. Upon application submission, NSIC conducts technical inspections at the nearest zonal, branch, or sub-branch office. Post-inspection, a detailed report is generated, leading to the issuance of NSIC registration to the qualifying MSME unit.
The NSIC certificate registration not only enhances the credibility of MSMEs but also broadens their horizons by opening doors to government contracts and procurement opportunities. Acquiring NSIC certificate is indispensable for MSMEs aiming to thrive in the competitive business landscape and establish a robust presence in the government sector.
Benefits of NSIC Certification
Upon successful NSIC registration, there’s a list of benefits a company holding an NSIC certificate receives:
- Tender Advantages: NSIC-certified MSMEs have free access to tenders, giving them a competitive advantage in contracting processes.
- Financial Benefits: MSMEs certified with NSIC are unaffected by Earnest Money Deposit (EMD), which reduces financial barriers and encourages tender participation.
- Sectoral Upliftment: NSIC reserves 358 items for small-scale industries (SSIs), promoting sectoral expansion while pushing MSMEs to produce more.
- Government Tender Assistance: NSIC assists MSMEs in government tenders, allowing them to supply up to 20% of demand while boosting opportunities for their businesses.
- Diverse Support Services: NSIC offers complete assistance in marketing, technology, finance, and other areas, promoting MSMEs’ holistic growth.
- Financial Advantages: NSIC certificate-holding firms have access to lower-cost loans, credit-related MAT carry-forward, and refunds, guaranteeing financial stability.
- Government Schemes Access: MSMEs with NSIC registration receive access to programs such as the Public Procurement Policy, the Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme, and the Credit Guarantee Scheme, which improves their chances of succeeding.
- Banking and Tax Benefits: MSMEs marked as successful in NSIC registration benefit from priority sector credit, government security deposit discounts, barcode registration rewards, and direct tax advantages, all of which promote financial growth.
- Professional Recognition: NSIC accreditation makes it simpler for MSMEs to participate in domestic and international trade fairs, extending their market reach and prospects.
Here’s a list of documents required when applying for a NSIC certificate online:
- Official identity and address proofs
- MSME registration acknowledgement
- PAN card and Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) Number
- Ownership documents for the business location (CoI)
- Sales deed for the premises (if applicable).
- Statement from Directors, Partners, or Sole Proprietor
- Detailed quality control method description
- Proof of business existence for 3 years
- Type a test report from an independent lab (if applicable).
- Employee details in production and services
- Entries in the MSME Data Bank
- Application memorandum (Performa ‘Annexure-F’)
- Copy of the BIS license (if held)
- Overview of adopted quality control measures
- Banker’s certificate for financial stability.
- Audited balance sheets and profit and loss statements (past 3 years)
- Optional: ISO 9000 certification (if applicable).
The NSIC Certificate can be obtained both online and offline. The process has been summarized in the step-by-step process below. Take a look.
The NSIC Registration Online Process:
- Visit the official portal:
Go to the NSIC online registration portal for the NSIC registration online application.
2. Submit the application online:
Fill in the required details and submit the application form online. Pay the registration fees through the online portal.
3. Upload Documents:
Upload scanned copies of all necessary documents, as discussed earlier, onto the website.
4. Application Review:
NSIC authorities will assess your application. If it meets all requirements and the documents are in order, the SPRS certificate will be issued.
Offline NSIC Registration Process:
- Download or collect the form:
Download the NSIC form online or obtain a copy from the nearest NSIC office. Print the form.
2. Provide Information:
Fill out the form with accurate and complete information.
3. Submit Form and Reports:
Submit the filled-out form along with the required reports to the district, branch, or zonal office of NSIC.
4. File with the Inspection Office:
File the form and other necessary reports with the inspection office within the specified timeframe for the premises inspection.
5. Certificate Issuance:
NSIC will grant the registration certificate (GP certificate) after a positive inspection report of the premises.
Why Lunis Associates
Getting an NSIC certificate can be a difficult and time-consuming process. Strict laws and complex processes can sometimes result in legal problems, delays, or even rejections. Without expert guidance, companies may struggle to meet those vital standards.
We at Lunis Associates are well-versed in these issues. We have over 10,000 satisfied customers and 4 years of demonstrated experience in certifications and the stories linked to each.
How can you overcome every difficulty in the NSIC registration online? Our experienced staff can better answer. They understand all the intricacies of compliance and legal complexities, making sure your route to certification is free of errors.
NSIC, or the National Small Industries Corporation, is a certified Government of India enterprise dedicated to fostering the growth of micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs). Operating under the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME), NSIC provides vital support and operates through a wide network of offices and technical centers nationwide.
Through its ‘NSIC Technical Services Centers’ (NTSCs), NSIC provides a variety of technical services. These services encompass advanced and conventional trade skill development, material and product testing, common facilities, energy audits, and environmental management.
Yes, micro and small enterprises (MSEs) in both the manufacturing and service industries can register and profit from different NSIC programs. Traders, on the other hand, are not eligible.
The NSIC Scheme is open to any manufacturing or service MSME having a valid Udyam Registration Certificate.
The sanctioned limits are valid for one year. They can be renewed for an additional year if the account conduct was satisfactory during the previous year.
Get In Touch With Us
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news and updates as well as exclusive offers.